Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Turkey and Stuffing Meatloaf by Melissa

Hey friends! This summer has been awfully nuts so here's a meal to get you back to feeling wholesome and good. I base this recipe on the Allrecipes Meatloaf with Fried Onions and Ranch Seasoning. I make it the way its written usually, but this time I was short on a few ingredients so I winged it. It was still FABULOUS. I will write it like I made it last night.
Missing the meat, of course. :)
2 lbs. ground turkey
1 packet of ranch dip seasoning
3 eggs, beaten
1 pkg of stuffing mix
1/3 c. ketchup
1/3 c. fried onions (its all I had left)


Mix all the ingredients together making sure they are well blended. Put in a loaf pan and put in the oven at about 400 for 45-60 minutes. It TRULY depends on how well your oven cooks. I made this in my mom's at 350 for 60+ minutes and ended up putting it on 425 for another 30 minutes.



Going in!
 Melissa's almost famous mashed potatoes:
5-6 russet potatoes (enough for your family)
4-6oz. heavy whipping cream
1 stick butter
salt, pepper, garlic powder






Peel and and quarter potatoes. Boil for about 20 minutes (or until mushy). Add butter and cream, 1/2 tbsp of salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Mash and stir. Finish seasoning to your liking. This is a good base recipe. You can also add cream cheese, real garlic, parsley, sour cream, bacon, cheese. Whatever you like! Get creative. And then post what you did different so we can all try it!


I also served this with some croissants and some canned corn.






Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment