Monday, June 20, 2011

Bow tie pasta w Chicken, Broccoli, Mushrooms, & Alfredo Sauce by Alex

Ok so the other day I was trying to figure out what to make for dinner. I hadn't gone grocery shopping yet and I just had "left over" groceries that I probably just bought because they were on sale and I had a coupon...so I opened the pantry and saw Wacky Mac Bow Tie Pasta & Alfredo sauce...well I ALWAYS have chicken, so I was like wow I will just make Chicken Alfredo. Well then I remembered I had mushrooms and broccoli, (because we got through a box of mushrooms and a head or 2 of broccoli a week) So Here is what I made! Thus it not having a fancy dancy title. lol

Ingredients:
1 Jar of Classico Light Creamy Alfredo
2-3 cups of Wacky Mac Bow tie pasta(or any pasta you like)
3-4 boiled & shredded chicken breast
1 head of broccoli chopped
1 cup of water.

Ok so I boiled the chicken and then shredded it and left it in a bow, you could probably do this a day before if you want!

Then boil the water and make you pasta like you normally would. While you are doing that, get a sauce pan and put a little bit of oil(doesn't matter what kind you use) and then add in the broccoli and mushrooms, I chopped my mushrooms to be smaller. Saute those for a little bit. I did it until the mushrooms got tender, because I don't mind chard broccoli! :)


From there add in you chicken (it is totally ok if the chicken is cold or room temp, it doesn't really matter because you are going to reheat it now in the pan) and also had the jar of alfredo then put a cup of water in and just mix it all up. I forgot to say that you are just putting this on medium low after you saute, because you don't want to cook the chicken or sauce, you are just warming it.


After your noodles are done, drain the water and put them back into the same pot you used, then add the alfredo mixture and mix it all together.

Here is what my finished product looked like, I added sliced black olives, because my daughter will eat anything that has black olives on it and I just love them, I thought it actually complimented it well!



Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment