Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Green Chicken Enchiladas, w Rice & Beans

Ok let me start off saying I know that last week when I made the Potato Enchiladas I said to stop using canned sauce....Well....stop using it for red sauce enchiladas....lol. When I learn how to make green enchilada sauce then I can tell you to stop using the cans! :)

Here is the link to the Mexican Rice (I will make a youtube video on how to make rice in the next week or so bc I make it a couple of different ways...but I typically don't measure spices...)

As far as the beans tonight, I used Rosaritas can beans. I prefer those compared to the Gebhart beans. If you don't want refried can beans you can always use any extra beans you had from the Crock Pot Beans that are just sitting in your fridge. Put them in a large sauce pan and mash them up. and VIOLA you got your very own refried beans!

Ok on to the recipe!!

Ingredients
3-4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Shredded
or
Rotisserie Chicken from your local supermarket, and shred it

10 white corn tortillas
2 cans of Green Enchilada Sauce
3 cups of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese

Tonight we are going to ROLL our enchiladas instead of doing it casserole style. It is really easy the ONLY tip I have is use FRESH corn tortillas. You can tell they are fresh, when you pick them up and they are floppy in the bag, they wont crumble or crack when you pick them up. If they aren't fresh(like the ones pictured above!) you will need to warm them. Put a large pan on the stove and warm them one by one because they will be more flexible and you will be able to roll them without them cracking on you! The tortillas above...those weren't fresh, I rolled my first 5 and they all were cracking on the seam and it looked like i just crumbled tortillas and threw it in the pan w the chicken and cheese...I said a couple of choice words and started over! lol. Luckily we had some fresh ones we had gotten the day before at a local Mexican bakery. Anywho.

Preheat your oven to 375. Pour a little of the green enchilada sauce into the cooking pan you are going to use. Put you tortilla in there, line it w chicken and top with cheese. Then you roll it up like you would a taco and then just put it towards the edge and just keep doing that until you fill the pan. make sure you are keeping the tortillas moist w the sauce. If you have left over chicken and/or cheese, sprinkle the top of the enchiladas with it. Then use the remaining sauce to cover the enchiladas completely. You kind of want them soaked bc it will keep them from being dry. Put them in the oven for about 15 minutes or just until the cheese is melted. (everything is already cooked so you don't have to worry about making sure it is "cooked" You should start cooking your rice as soon as you put these in the oven)

This is before putting in the oven, I actually used 11 tortillas(they were kind of small)


This is after 15 minutes of cooking in the oven, nice and soft and yummy!

(the green blob is avocado..my daughter bit into an avocado while i was cooking so i had to make it lol)

Here is the finished product! Bon Appetit! :D



No comments:

Post a Comment