Thursday, June 23, 2011

Chili Cheese Enchiladas by Kayla

So a very good friend of mine (Amy) first introduced this to me while at her home years ago.  I completely forgot about the recipe until today when her twin sister (Evelyn) stopped by and we were talking about what I was going to cook for dinner.  She reminded me of this recipe and how simple it is to make that I decided to give it a whirl since I had all the ingredients ( I had no tortillas so Amy sent her son over to bail me out!  Thanks Amy, your the BEST!!!)  I reminded Evelyn that I am not a big fan of canned chili, I prefer homemade, but she insited I was going to LOVE this dish so much I would be making it again soon.  So here it is...

What you will need:
1 package Corn Tortillas (you can use flour, but I just LOVE corn tortillas)
1 can Chili
1 bag of shredded cheese (Evelyn said she uses Kraft singles and it's even more awesome; mental note taken for next time!)


  (picture shows flour because I accidentally threw away the corn tortilla package)
Directions:
Remove tortillas from package and microwave for 30 seconds, then flip them over and heat for an additional 30 seconds.
Heat chili in a pan adding water (I filled half the can with water and poured it in)
Allow to come to a simmer and remove from heat.
Fill your torllias with cheese (not too much) roll and place in baking dish.
Once all tortillas have been rolled with cheese and placed into your dish add chili and sprinkle with cheese.
Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes, or until all cheese is melted (you can also place this in the microwave for 2-3 minutes in a microwave safe dish)



I served this with refried beans and rice and all three of my boys gobbled it all up!!!  I will definately be making this again soon!

ENJOY!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment