Monday, June 13, 2011

Oven fried chicken by Melissa

Hey friends,

Sorry this post is so late today. We were out of town all last week and I worked all weekend so we didn't cook much. Pizza and Hamburger Helper courtesy of the hubs. HAHA. But here is today's dinner:

I got this recipe from Allrecipes.com, of course! They have such excellent recipes.

1 (2 to 3 pound) whole chicken, cut into pieces

1 cup dried bread crumbs

1 teaspoon garlic powder

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon ground black pepper

1 teaspoon dried thyme

1/2 teaspoon paprika

1 cup mayonnaise

1/2 cup milk

I took two slices of wheat bread and spun it around in the chopper getting it finely chopped into bread crumbs. I combined these with the garlic powder, salt, pepper, thyme, and paprika. Then, I mixed the mayonnaise and milk. If you'll notice on the Allrecipes.com version, they do not mix it with milk. I found the mayo to be a little to thick to get a nice coating. I took suggestions from others and put a little milk in with the mayo to thin it out.

I covered the chicken in the mayo/milk mixture and then dredged in the bread crumbs mixture. Put it on a foil lined pan and cook it on 350 degrees for 45 minutes. It came out PERFECT!!
For sides I used Stouffer's Chicken flavored stuffing and a can of corn kernels. I spiced up the corn with some salt, pepper, and garlic powder.



I hope you all really enjoy this meal! It is so yummy!!


Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment