Monday, June 6, 2011

Potato Enchiladas, Mexican Rice & Crock Pot Beans by Alex

Well lets set things straight....I'm the hispanic one of the group...sooo you're probably going to see a lot of "mexican" dishes from me lol... So with that being said here is my family's "Famous" Potato Enchiladas...I remember eating them during lent because of course you can't eat meat on Fridays..And LOTS of people have never heard about Potato Enchiladas...They are yummy and I couldn't imagine my life without them! Everything is home made in this...even the sauce! SO STOP BUYING THE CANS OF ENCHILADA SAUCE!!! :D

How to make Alex's Enchilada Sauce
Ingredients (for the most part everything is to taste or "eyeballed")
Vegetable Oil
All Purpose Flour
Garlic Powder
Ground Cumin
Water
Corn Starch
Salt


So get about 3 potatoes. Peel. Cube. Wash. Boil in a pot of water.

Ok so here is a video of how to make the sauce, I learned how to cook it growing up so I never have been taught to use measurements...its seems pretty easy when you can watch it being done anyway. At least that is what I think.



I forgot to show you how I acutally made the enchiladas...I made it casserole style instead of rolling the enchiladas...I put a ladel of the enchilada sauce on the bottom of an 8x8 and then put a layer of corn torillas, then i put a handful of the cooked potatoes an a generous amount of cheddar cheese, covered it with another ladel of enchilada sauce and then repeated until i got to the top of the dish. The top layer was just a layer of tortillas and cheese. Then I placed it in the oven at 350 for about 20 mintues, pretty much just so the cheese could melt and bubble.

Mexican Rice
http://dinn3rdivas.blogspot.com/2011/06/easy-chimichangas-mexican-rice-by-alex.html
 You can use the same recipie I used in this previous meal.

Crock Pot Beans


Ingredients
1 lb of Pinto Beans
1 Hamhock
1 Can of Rotel (original/mild or hot)

Put all in the crock pot and fill it with water add about 1 tablespoon of salt and put on low for 6-8 hours just depending on how your crockpot cooks.

After everything is done here is the final product.

No comments:

Post a Comment