Friday, June 3, 2011

Crock-pot Roasted Chicken by Melissa

I had heard you could roast a chicken in a crock-pot, but, probably like you, I was scared to death to touch a RAW chicken. You know, all those guts inside of it and all, NO THANKS. But I researched a few "recipes" and decided this has to be the easiest thing in the world. Here is the blog that made me think, "WOW! I can totally do this!" The Happy Housewife



1 3-4lb. chicken, thawed
Salt
Pepper
Season Salt
Garlic Powder
Cooking spray
Crock-pot

In the sink, unwrap the chicken and turn it upside down so the guts fall out into the wrapper and move the wrapper to the side (See, you don't even have to touch them!). Rinse the chicken inside and out well. Try to drain all of the water out of the chicken.

Spray your crock-pot with cooking spray and set it in, breast side up. Spray the chicken with cooking spray. Lightly season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and season salt. Put the lid on and let it cook on low for 8-10 hours. My crock-pot cooks very quickly, though, so I do it about 6-8 hours. If you leave it too long, the bones start to decinegrate - yuck! Don't add any water or broth. The chicken will make its own juice and your house will smell amazing!



Serve with whatever sides you like. :-)
-Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment