Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Skillet Pork Chops and Apples by Melissa

Normally, I'm a huge couponer. But, honestly, I have not had the time lately. Literally. NO TIME! So, yesterday, me and the hubs finally finished cutting all our coupons and headed to the store. We've been without food for at least 3 days now and eating out because we didn't have food was really starting to wear on our digestive systems, as well as our wallets. After our trip to the store last night, I decided to make this meal. I got the recipe from Cooks.com. You can get this recipe, "Pork Chop Apple Casserole" as they call it, here.

Poor onion powder got left out of this picture. Sorry onion powder! Next time, next time.

I used 2 very large butterflied pork chops about 1" thick
3 tbsp. flour
1/4 tsp. each onion powder, garlic powder, paprika
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. butter (optional)
1/2 c. chopped onions
3 apples, cored and sliced (peel on)
3 tbsp. bbq sauce
3 cloves minced garlic
Salt and pepper

Heat olive oil and butter in large skillet on medium high. In a shallow container, blend the flour, onion & garlic powders, and paprika. Season pork chops with salt and pepper and then dredge in flour mixture. Place chops in skillet and brown on both sides.


Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, place apples, onions, bbq sauce and garlic. Stir until coated. Once chops are brown, pour mixture over chops. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 45 minutes.


I served this with Zatarrain's Wild Rice, a can of baked beans, and some buttery Pillsbury biscuits. This dish was super yummy! I wish I would have planned my sides a little better, but for 10 o'clock at night, after a day full of coupon cutting and grocery shopping, it was fine.

I hope you love these pork chops like me and the hubs did! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment