Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Salsbury Steak with Quick Trimmings by Kayla

This is a recipe I grew up eating and it just so happens to be one of my Dad's favorite dishes.  I honestly dont know where my parents got this recipe but I can say it is delish and easy to throw together when you are in a pinch.


Here's what you will need:


1lb ground beef
1 packet of onion gravy mix
1/2 tbls. garlic powder
Dash of salt and pepper
1/2 of an onion




Directions:


Heat frying pan over meadium heat.
In a mixing bowl mix garlic powder, salt, pepper and ground beef.  Once all is mixed thoroughly, form into small patties and place in heated pan.
Slice half an onion and add to pan as well.
Fry patties until cooked thoroughly and onions until they are a light brown color.
Once cooked, remove both patties and onions from pan onto a plate.
Drain grease from pan leaving about two tbls. in pan.
Return pan to heat and add 1 2/3 cups of hot water.
Allow water to come to a simmer and add contents of gravy mix
Simmer for 5 minutes and return patties and onions to the gravy.
Simmer for an additional 10 minutes and allow to cool for 5.
Serve hot!


Sides:


I try to cook dinner as quickly as possible!  I hate cleaning the kitchen and try to get it done and over with before 6 (yes we eat early in this house ; )) so I do supplement with quick and easy sides.
For tonights dinner I chose instant potatoes, a can of sweet peas and Texas Toast. 


Total Time: 45 min.


DIG IN!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment